Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ISU tips

When I came to ISU I heard many different things about people, classes, dorms, and many other things. The one thing I always heard was it had the highest ratio of students with STD’s which did not affected me coming hear….but my mom was worried. But for me there were three things that I never thought I need to know before I went to school and I learned it from my own experiences through last semester and this semester. The first thing is to bring a sturdy umbrella and rain boots. These are essential because when it rains, it doesn’t mist, it pours and since ISU has the worst draining system the boots will keep your feet wet and the umbrella, hopefully with keep you dry. I remember one of the first rainy days I say about 5 to 10 umbrellas in the garbage because it was so windy and little umbrella do not do the job. The second thing is to go random when you pick a roommate. From what I hear when you room with a friend, you will, most times, end up hating each other and since that happens having not a fun time in your room or you stay good friends. Or even just stay friends with each other and not branch out to make new friends. I went random for roommate selection and since we have gotten along so well we are rooming with each other next year and possibly for the rest of college. Finally the third thing it to get red alert and go to as many sporting events as possible. The reason why is because usually they are fun and especially for men’s basketball, you can truly experience what ISU sports are about. When it comes to picking an event to go and see, I feel everyone should go see sports you would of never thought of going to see because it shows what good athletes our school has. I have been to men’s basketball games, football games, gymnastics meets and a soccer game. I also plan on seeing more sports this spring, like softball or baseball. Overall I think with these tips your year at ISU can be only better and go up.

3 comments:

  1. I think that I am on my third umbrella since the beginning of the school year. That was definitely part of my advise too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with your umbrella advice! it gets so windy here i was shocked! because back at home it's not like here at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umbrella advice = best advice ever. I am on my second or third umbrella. The wind destroys everything. They need to invent a sturdy, whole-body umbrella because you get soaked no matter how big your umbrella is.

    ReplyDelete