Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My poems

I am going to post some poems I have done in the past. It shows how I express myself through another way of writing.

Poem #1: Sabrina

Don’t tell me no
Don’t tell me lies
Open up
Those pretty eyes
And just sing for me
Just sing for me
And smile down from heaven
Enjoy your party
Live your dreams
We’re all sitting down here
Singing for you

There was a time; there was a place where I would have screamed. There was a time; there was a placed where the nuance of the day would have struck her as odd. Now all she feels is a numbing pain. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold. Make up your mind, her body is detached from her head. No heart to beat blood, not lungs to breathe. She closes her eyes, the lightest hazel, feels the feathers of her lashes; the thudding of pain behind those pained lenses. Nowhere and no one have arrived. This time; this place. She screams, she screams. Pain is a house she has built within herself. She will only be free from the reality, of the situation painted on the wall before her. He is a halo above the trees; the sun that shines through the clouds. He is the birds that sing in the rain; the fire that licks the cold. He is forever; he is never wavering. He will pinch her cheeks, he will grind his teeth. He will smile; flowers will bloom. He will laugh; thunder will boom. The bricks that have built up to he will never fall. He is her strength, her eternal fortress.

Poem #2 : Summertime

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
As the days go by much has happened
Looking back
Wouldn’t change a thing

I started well
Dating a boy that was different
Becoming more of a friend
Trusting only few

Days go by as so do people
People who I trusted, broke that
Didn’t believe in love
Friends hate the one some are in love with
Changing attitude
Changes the way I look at them

Today has made a difference to me
Changing friends for good or bad
Trusting is all needed
When friends are there
And summer has gone by

1 comment:

  1. You're a very gifted writer. You must destroy all of our English papers.

    ReplyDelete