Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inaguration of Obama


Ironically I literally just walked in and turned on CNN and Barak Obama just started his speech. As he kept on talking, I grabbed food from my fridge to eat and drink. He kept on talking and so I was also texting my mom and she felt he was very inspiration and I agreed. Our cleaning lady was mopping our floor and so I had my room door open and she started to talk to me and say “promises, promises” and I guessed she meant she is unsure about Barak and his plans. And so I kept watching but for the most part I was by myself in my dorm. In my politics class we talked about how his speech was idealistic and realistic. Some of the idealistic ways was that he talked about how country can only go up, we can do it, and he said a lot of, what some people might say, naïve things. But his realistic side was that he knows we are in a recession and he said that it might take a long time but if we try I can get better. When he was talking for most of the time it gave me the chills because he is such a good speaker. But after he was done I went across the hall and talked to my friend, Jaime. Myself and her talked about Michelle Obama’s dress and how it was such a lovely dress and we were watching CNN in her room so it had 24 hour coverage so watching it I found out that Obama is the third president from Illinois and that their luncheon was a “themed” luncheon. But we talked a lot how for Obama he just has to try to minimize the fighting in the house and the senate. But since Obama is a democratic president and the democrats control the house and senate that he has to be aware that he needs to make both parties happy with all the bills. Of course the first 100 days is the most important for a new president. But from what I heard from my politics class is that he still has not passed certain bills because it doesn’t have any say from the republicans so he is going to wait until the democrats do that. I personally thought that his inauguration speech was really good and if he does what he is going to say it looks good for the United States but we will have to just wait and see.


1 comment:

  1. I think i am in your politics class because we also talked about how obama was mostly an idealists..

    ReplyDelete