Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What I am (blog #1)

My name is Christine. My major is undeclared but I have to apply to the exercise science. With that degree I might go get my masters in athletic training. But I want to help people prevent injuries or help them heal if they already have injuries. I am involved in a sorority, Epsilon Sigma Alpha, which is actually on of ISU’s service organization. I was born in Stony Brook, New York and lived there for 11 years. Then in 2001 I moved to Palatine, Illinois. Literally 2 months after I moved to Palatine, September 11 happened. Every one of my friends asked me if I knew anyone who died and at the time I did not know anyone who died. But after all the bodies were identified, I knew a firefighter who was one of the first ones there to help. He was a family friend. At home I live with my mom, my dad and my sister. My dad works for Northrop Grumman and also is a naval reservist. My mom works at home and is a leader for my sister’s Girl Scout troop. My sister is 15 years old and goes to high school. I have a brother who goes to Villanova Law School on the east coast and is 24 years old. I also I had another brother who went to the Naval Academy but about a year ago he passed away. It all happened because he had a motorcycle and he was on an onramp on his motorcycle, lost control and his helmet flew off. It was a long process for my whole family. During his wake there was over 300 people who gave there condolences to my family. Over my life I have learned many things and I still have more to learn about and I am ready for it to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment